As I look forward to 2016, I find myself thinking about self-efficacy, which means your belief in your ability to do something.
It’s different than self-esteem, which means how good you feel about yourself. But they’re related… As you increase your self-efficacy, you tend to feel better about yourself.
So, in celebration of self-efficacy - of all the things you have tried that were scary, even on the SMALLEST of levels, I offer you this wonderful list of quotes compiled by Jeff Haden. I have put my favorites below. To see the entire list, click here.
1. "If you hear a voice within you say 'you cannot paint,' then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced." Vincent Van Gogh
2. "Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit." e.e. cummings
3. "Argue for your limitations and, sure enough, they're yours." Richard Bach
4. "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?" Marianne Williamson
5. "Talk to yourself like you would to someone you love." Brene Brown
6. "Successful people have fear, successful people have doubts, and successful people have worries. They just don't let these feelings stop them." T. Harv Eker
7. "It is not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves." Sir Edmund Hillary
8. "When I started counting my blessings, my whole life turned around." Willie Nelson
9. "If you are insecure, guess what? The rest of the world is, too. Do not overestimate the competition and underestimate yourself. You are better than you think." T. Harv Eker
10. "To anyone that ever told you you're no good ... They're no better." Hayley Williams
11. "Don't be satisfied with stories, how things have gone with others. Unfold your own myth." Rumi
Happy New Year!!
Tips and resources to help you on your path.
Sign up to receive this in your inbox: